Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green videos

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John5F95_1-1598287515035.png

There's nothing wrong with the source videos but when I import them to Premiere they appear green. I found the advice here:

[Premiere Pro

Check and update your device driver. 

The device driver version that fixes this issue is Intel Driver version 24.20.100.6286. Click here to download the driver version.

If updating the device driver does not work, try changing the video rendering settings as follows:

File > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > Mercury Playback Engine Software Only]

I tried updating my device driver but something about my laptop prohibited the update. Then I changed the video rendering settings as instructed and it still did not work. I extracted a one-minute scene randomly from the imported file and exported it in H.264 format, as an mp4 file, and I found that there's nothing wrong with the new video, too. I am a bit confused because I am not sure if it's because of my computer configuration. I am using Windows 10 on a laptop with more than 100 GB available space with 8GB installed RAM if that helps.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the driver directly from NVIDIA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where I found the help guide

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/green-purple-streaks-premiere-pro.html#:~:text=A%20green%2C%...and I clicked on here directly to download the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go directly to NVIDIA and try a different driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like my laptop does not have an nVidia GPU(Dell XPS 13). Thank you for your help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't able to update a graphics driver, you may also need to do some updates to your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean updating windows 10? I update my system every week, but it does not help. Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was talking about Windows 10, yeah. You've somehow gotta find a way to get a different driver for that Intel iGPU. At least from what I've seen that's a very cut and dry intel integrated GPU issue. You didn't say what your Hardware was, but I'm making the assumption based on the green lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines