• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTX 1080ti and Premiere Pro CC 2019 (13)

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that all these new video cards have come out, will there be better support of Premiere Pro and the GTX 1080ti? I have an i7 8700k, 32GB RAM, 2x Samsung 960PRO SSDs, and the 1080ti. I never see much going on with the GPU when using Premiere or rendering. Surely there could be better utilization with this card. I'm hoping it's planned as when I bought the card a year ago, people were suggesting I should have stuck with 980ti for best performance.

And when I do anything in 4K, I have to use proxy media because moving the playhead around is too slow with the actual media.

Are there plans for better utilization of the 1080ti in Premiere?

[title edited for clarity by mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sharkfoot,

Sorry for the trouble. The GPU and GPU driver requirements changed for the latest releases of the Adobe video tools.

Please check this article and try the recommended steps: Important Information on GPU and GPU Driver Requirements | Adobe Blog

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to read this doc on what the gpu (cuda) does and does not do.

CUDA, OpenCL, Mercury Playback Engine, and Adobe Premiere Pro | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you found a solution to use more GPU with Adobe Premiere Pro and your 1080ti?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines