• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTX 970 vs GTX 1050 Ti for Premiere Pro 4K ??

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellouu!!!

I was wondering which one of this two might be better for video editing on Premiere Pro at 4K 100Mb/s. 

Thank you all in advance! 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Like Andy stated, forget both of them. Especially since you upgraded to a Ryzen 7 3700X. However, if you absolutely must use either (because either you cannot afford a new GPU or the prices of newer GPUs have gone haywire due to cryptocurrency mining), then the GTX 1050 Ti should be your choice by default as it can use the Nvidia Studio Drivers whereas you'll be stuck with the Game Ready drivers for the GTX 970. Also, the GTX 970 is not a true 4 GB card: Its memory setup is idiosyncratic where t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GTX 970 is definitely a higher performance card overall.  The GTX 1050 is smaller and is more power efficient.  So if you dont have a very good PSU, you might want to use that one.  If your concern is purely performance, than your choice would be the 970 out of the two.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Approximately, how much performance increasy would I have? Because as far as I know, 970 is WAAAY more inneficient (power-performance). So if it's something like a 10% increase, I rather stay with my 1050 Ti and save money on the electric bill 🥰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both GPUs are medicore for 4K at full resolution. That being said will your CPU handle 4K?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a Ryzen 7 1700; now I just got a 3700X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An RTX 2070 would have been a good match for your CPU. There is a shortage of RTX 3060 GPUs right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Andy stated, forget both of them. Especially since you upgraded to a Ryzen 7 3700X. However, if you absolutely must use either (because either you cannot afford a new GPU or the prices of newer GPUs have gone haywire due to cryptocurrency mining), then the GTX 1050 Ti should be your choice by default as it can use the Nvidia Studio Drivers whereas you'll be stuck with the Game Ready drivers for the GTX 970. Also, the GTX 970 is not a true 4 GB card: Its memory setup is idiosyncratic where the first 3.5 GB of VRAM operates at 224 bits and the last 512 GB of VRAM operates at only 32 bits. Nor is the GTX 970 a true 256-bit card since althouch the memory bus is 256 bits wide, the full bandwidth is never utilized at all in that particular GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!! 

As you stated, GPU market is crazy nowadays and I can't afford the price of a new GPU, so I gotta stick to what I have here. 
Also I thought on staying with the 1050 Ti, since it's waaay more power efficient and energy cost in Spain is soo high nowadays ^^

Thanks again 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines