Guidance with using Wacom Intuos Pro

Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a Wacom tablet (delivered later this evening). Mostly because I try to avoid using a traditional keyboard for long stretches if possible to not aggravate an injury.

I do want to use it for Premiere Pro and After Effects specifically, but I do also intend to use it as a partial mouse/keyboard substitute for the rest of my Windows 10 machine as well.

I'm just asking if anyone can point me in the right direction for setting up... I know the directions in the box will help me connect it with the OS itself, but is there any authoritative place online where I can learn how optimize it specificially with the Adobe apps? I've seen various hints here and there that people set up their shortcuts, etc, with it, but no specific step by steps on anything more than just connecting it to the OS.

Hope my question makes sense. And thanks.

TOPICS
Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't used a tablet before, connecting it and installing drivers will be the first step 😉

Then, start using it. Don't worry about customising shortcuts yet. Get used to using it as people often take time to get used to using it instead of a mouse. It works different, you don't drag like with a mouse 😉

Once you get comfortable with your tablet, then move on 😉

Marek Mularczyk
Adobe Certified Expert and Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines