• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H.265 Codec Not Installed- Canon R5 imports fail

Participant ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- I opened a project on disk when not logged into Creative Cloud for this computer. Got an error regarding H.265 and "only for creative cloud users". Premiere Pro quit, I logged into Creative Cloud, restarted PP, however it always fails to import Canon R5 H.265 files now. There was a message to install the H.265 codec for the non-logged in launch, however I can't find the download link on Adobe. Also removed and reinstalled PP- no luck.

Thanks,

John

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note this is on Windows 10 (latest) only. Canon R5 files load OK in PP on MacOS (Intel or M1 hardware).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: this behavior only happens when importing from a SanDisk CFExpress Pro with Sony CFExpress card (haven't tested other brands). If the files are first copied to local drives, it works. That said, EOS R5 H.265 422 files are unusable for editing without proxies (CPU-only decode- need GPU/hardware decoding). Our budget 8GB RAM M1 MBP with H.265 acceleration plays even the 8K 422 10-bit files with ease in real-time in FCXP and Resolve (and OS previews). Our 10-Core 64GB RAM GTX1080 Intel PC can't manage even 1fps. Can we expect H.265 422 (up to 8K) hardware acceleration soon for Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines