H.265 Export Playback on Mobile

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Have some files I'm trying to export. Nothing crazy, just 1080p h.264s that I transcoded to quicktime for editing. I'm trying to re-export them as h.265s. No matter if I set a low or high bitrate, the export looks fine (as well as you can expect) on a computer - and straight trash on my iPhone. 

Seeing how much media is being viewed on phones these days, was hoping someone might have some insight to what I'm missing here. 

It's an iPhone X so yeah a bit old but should certainly have no issues with a 1080p h.265 file. 

Thanks for the help 

TOPICS
Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

H.265 Export Playback on Mobile

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Have some files I'm trying to export. Nothing crazy, just 1080p h.264s that I transcoded to quicktime for editing. I'm trying to re-export them as h.265s. No matter if I set a low or high bitrate, the export looks fine (as well as you can expect) on a computer - and straight trash on my iPhone. 

Seeing how much media is being viewed on phones these days, was hoping someone might have some insight to what I'm missing here. 

It's an iPhone X so yeah a bit old but should certainly have no issues with a 1080p h.265 file. 

Thanks for the help 

TOPICS
Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?