Hangs when deleting sound files

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premeire pro 14.7.0. mac OS 10.13.6

When I double click a audiofile in the timeline for listening to it in the Source monitor, and the go back to delete the file from the timeline, premiere hangs and I have to force quit. This happens every time. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hangs when deleting sound files

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premeire pro 14.7.0. mac OS 10.13.6

When I double click a audiofile in the timeline for listening to it in the Source monitor, and the go back to delete the file from the timeline, premiere hangs and I have to force quit. This happens every time. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only guesses here because on 14.7.0 and macOS 10.15.7 all is well doing what you have described.

What is the source of the audio files? 

What file format?

Are the clips in the timeline trimmed audio clips or did you use subclips?

Do you have any effects on the clips?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source is 48 hz. They are trimmed but without effects. No subclips

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any control surfaces or control surface emulators installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 0
Magslag LATEST
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a tangent elements

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 0
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are you doubleclicking on the clip in the timeline to listen to it?  Just curious...  You realize you can match frame to load the source clip in the source monitor and listen to it there and if you "play in to out" you'll hear just the section used in the timeline.  The only reason I doubleclick on a clip in the timeline is if I want to adjust the in and out which can also be done using one of the trim functions in the timeline...  I realize that something wonky is going on for you and always a good idea to see if you can track down the issue, but sometimes it's more important to keep working...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use that command too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0