• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware and Software rendering is the same, whats the point of spending thousands on a PC?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering and playback is extremely slow and laggy. I've read mutiple post and solutions, but none has helped. I'm editing BMPCC 4k raw files and Sony A73 1080 120fps files. The video is no longer than 4 mins and only has 1-2 layers of color grading and the effect Median (Noise reduction). CUDA is on, cleared cache, editing of Samsung QVO ssd, turned off render at max quality, but it is still sh*t. Switched to software only and it is the same 2 hour rendering time. CPU usuage is off the charts while GPU hovers 3% , I know that is normal, but everything works great on my speced out 2019 MPB 15inch... 

Adobe Version: 14.3.1 or the newest one at the time of this post

Spec of PC:

CPU: Amd 3700x

GPU: Nvidia 2060 Super

Ram: Royal Trident 32GB DDR4

Power Supply: 800w I think

Motherboard: Tuf gaming series

Drivers: all updated

Temp: hovers around 40-60 C 

Windows is on SSD

Annotation 2020-07-30 191738.png

Annotation 2020-07-30 192004.png

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edmund,
Sorry for the issues. Computer looks fine, as far as system requirements, but I'm looking at your workflow, media, and their effect on performance. However, you say that this works on your MacBook Pro. 

That said, I suspect something may be amiss with the project file itself. Please test with a brand new project. If it is working normally, import this legacy project into the new one. Test with the imported sequence. 

Let us know if that helped.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried rendering a similar workflow that worked for a me a few weeks ago and its taking forever as well now. It might be a the new update or some other thing. Anyways, thanks for the reponse. I just wait the 2 hours and hopefully i can find a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines