• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware Encoding for exports (new feature in 14.2) not working on iMac Pro

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot use hardware encoding, the new feature in the latest PP 2020 14.2 version for exports.

Whenever I try to select hardware encoding at CBR or VBR 2 pass the following error message appears: "Your system's hardware does not support hardware acceleration for the current settings."

It only works for VBR 1 pass but I understand that also worked on older PP versions.

I use iMac Pro with Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB graphic card which is on the list of supported cards. 

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 12.55.11 AM.png

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi florianhaider88,

We're sorry about the inconvenience. Hardware Encoding doesn't support VBR, 2 pass. Please change the Bitrate Encoding to VBR, 1 pass. You may also refer to this link to know more about Hardware Encoding in Premiere Pro v14.2

Hope you find it useful.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that is the limitation of all hardware encoders on consumer CPUs and GPUs at this time. None of them support 2-pass VBR encoding at all at this time. Only CBR or 1-pass VBR. Only software encoders support 2-pass VBR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, that is the limitation of all hardware encoders on consumer CPUs and GPUs at this time. None of them support 2-pass VBR encoding at all at this time. Only CBR or 1-pass VBR. Only software encoders support 2-pass VBR.

By @RjL190365

as they stated above it doesn't work with CBR either. I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines