• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware Encoding unavailable for 4K (Level 5.2) Export - Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just bought a brand new 16in Macbook Pro 2019 model (purchased in July 2020).

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB Graphics Card.

I'm using the latest version of Premiere Pro 14.3.0 and want to export my 4K (3840x2160) timeline as a h.264 file.

I realise it won't let me use Hardware Encoding during export settings when the level is set to 5.2, but when I set it to 5.1 or below (which is not large enough for 4K resolution), hardware encoding becomes available. I have it set to VBR 1 pass also.

Is this just an issue with the software, because my computer hardware specs should be more than enough to handle 4K Hardware Encoding exports.

Anyone else trying to export 4K resolution with Hardware Encoding and having this problem?

Thank you.

Level 5.1.jpg

level 5.2.jpg

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

@NunoMCastro  Level 5.1 actually supports 4K resolution. Framerate can be the issue though. You can try free Voukoder  export plugin instead

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact problem... 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@NunoMCastro  Level 5.1 actually supports 4K resolution. Framerate can be the issue though. You can try free Voukoder  export plugin instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines