• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware Encoding unavailable when exporting without audio

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to export footage, and I deselect (export audio), hardware encoding is unavailable. How do I get hardware acceleration as an option to export without audio?

Note: These settings are fine when I export the footage with audio 100% of the time.

Output settings: 

H.264

3840x2160 (1.0) 23.976 fps, Progressive

VBR 1 Pass, Target 10Mbps, Max 12Mbps

No Audio

System:

MacBook Pro 16"

2.4 Ghz 8 Core i9

32 gb RAM

AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8gb

TOPICS
Audio , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Albert,

I think having audio contained in your export is part of the hardware acceleration spec. Sorry about that. You can always cut in a track of silence, can't you? Let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I understand muting the video and taking out the audio tracks completely also works, however I need to export my videos without an audio codec at all. This allows seamless playback on a loop system that I use for work. I just want to be able to export my video without any audio codec with hardware encoding as that speeds up my export times significantly.

I also want to note, I've attempted this on a windows system as well and I've had no issue with exporting a video (no audio) and have it hardware encoded. Must be something with Premiere on MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VBR 1 Pass, Target 10Mbps, Max 12Mbps

VBR 1 pass does not have target and max.

Must have set it to 2pass which is not supported for HW encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also experiencing this issue as well even with audio in the project. Same machine as well. Frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines