Highlighted

Having text on screen makes video brighter.

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I post gameplay videos on YouTube, and I've noticed that when I add text to the video, it makes the screen a tad brighter while the text is on screen. It's not a disaster, but it's definitely a little irritating. I've added a short video for an example.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't change the video brightness within Premiere- just Windows Media Player and YouTube, so I suspect it has to do with my export settings.

I found a solution that worked for me! Was having the exact same issue as you. What I did was go to the sequence tab at the top of premier, go to sequence settings and uncheck the box that says composite in linear color, then hit ok. After changing this I renderred the exact same clip and the issue was gone. Now, if you open up a new project and go into sequence settings, the box is checked again. I have not found a way to automastically apply these changes to every sequence, but this is at least a fix, although it may be inconvienient to have to change it each time. Good luck!

TOPICS
Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Having text on screen makes video brighter.

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I post gameplay videos on YouTube, and I've noticed that when I add text to the video, it makes the screen a tad brighter while the text is on screen. It's not a disaster, but it's definitely a little irritating. I've added a short video for an example.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't change the video brightness within Premiere- just Windows Media Player and YouTube, so I suspect it has to do with my export settings.

I found a solution that worked for me! Was having the exact same issue as you. What I did was go to the sequence tab at the top of premier, go to sequence settings and uncheck the box that says composite in linear color, then hit ok. After changing this I renderred the exact same clip and the issue was gone. Now, if you open up a new project and go into sequence settings, the box is checked again. I have not found a way to automastically apply these changes to every sequence, but this is at least a fix, although it may be inconvienient to have to change it each time. Good luck!

TOPICS
Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you adding the text?

Also:

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

If the file is variable frame rate, which although Adobe says it will support, many users are having issues with VFR.

Use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, you've rendered the same video with and without text and you can see a brightness difference with the same output settings? I don't think anybody is going to download your file, maybe put two up on YouTube and link that to show the comparison between the two

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, the issue only occurs when the text is on the screen. Again, only while the text is on the screen. Before and after, it's perfectly fine. There is no need to upload two videos, in my opinion. The issue is pretty clear if you watch the one I attached. Not to be rude, but why would there be an option to attach a file if people won't look at it? All it is is a five-or-so second video that showcases my issue.

I don't notice the issue while I'm playing back the video in Premiere Pro. It only happens after I export it out to my computer.

Edit: Here's a link. After watching, it seems maybe it doesn't make the video brighter as it does with my gameplay videos. Maybe it has to do with the contrast? I'm not sure. I'm pretty new to all of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQxTg5LwR-s&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just generally as someone on the internet, if I click someone's link and it prompts me to download something - I'm probably not going to do it. There is an option to embed the video into the post, which is a better option.

PhillipJoseph_0-1598843574235.png

But I can see how it's confusing to have the option to attach a file when you make your post.

Anyway: I would be curious about your export settings. I've seen this text brightness thing on other people's videos, but admittedly I don't know what is causing that from Premiere. It certainly isn't normal or expected behavior.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to get help, but as I'm really new to this stuff, I have no idea what kinds of settings could cause this. I wouldn't know what to post.. or how to post it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem. Heres two screenshots showing them:

Frame1.PNGFrame2.PNG

If that didn't do it, I put together an image that has masked* parts of each photo (The first has annotations marking each place there is a mask.) :

Annotated Image:

compare.png

Non-Annotaded (No extra text) Image:

CompareWithoutText.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

You're not alone! I'm having the same issue here. There are no issues or visible adjustments while I'm in Premier, but after the video is exported you can see it. Anytime there is text transitioning on and off on a clip, it's like there is a faint overlay attached top the text. Very weird... still researching, will let you know if I find a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 3
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Thank you for sharing that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0