• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with Premiere Pro 2020 and editing videos

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit a 4K 60FPS video (originally a .mov file) in premiere pro, the file was straight from an iPhone and I figured it should've worked fine. I originally had created the sequence with .MTS format files from a different camera (we switched cameras in the middle of shooting) and the sequence was set to 1080p 30FPS, which I changed the settings to 4K 60FPS from there. I discovered that it seemed like Premiere was trying to transcode the 4K videos in the middle of editing, as if it was trying to render them while I edited, which was making the video choppy, eventually the video would freeze and the sound would keep playing and eventually everything would just stop. I tried down scaling to other resolutions (I've tried 1440p 60FPS, 1440p 30FPS, 1080p 60FPS, and 1080p 30FPS) and now I'm at 1080p 30FPS with a .m4v file and the video still does the same thing, it gets choppy after watching like 10 seconds then just eventually stops working, along with that scrubbing is impossible to do at all. I tried deleting the sequence altogether and making a new one (hoping that maybe it was set to the old file format and trans coding but that didn't work either)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere Pro forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Axel.

Compressed formats which need decoding 'on the fly', for example Mp4, m4v etc.,

are great for watching stuff but a big hassle to edit with.

What I suggest: Drag the video from your browser onto the 'new sequence' icon in the browser,

Premiere Pro will then create a sequnce with the exact properties of your video file.

Then right-click the video in the timeline and choose render and replace.

Choose Quicktime / GoProCineform 10Bit .

This will probably take a while depending on how long your video file is.

After this is done you should have very smooth playback.

Thanks

Jannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines