• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with premiere pro and adobe after effects viewing screen.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached below is a video showing the problem. Recently I built a new computer so that I could edit and work on business all from home, but when attempting to use any of the adobe collection the screen becomes white and does not show the video. I can watch the video fine on my pc, so I think the issue must lie somewhere in the program. Any suggestions to help fix the issue? Thanks so much for the help!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.

And what do you mean by the adobe collection?  You mean running Premiere and trying to play a video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there! Firstly, by the adobe collection I specifically mean both premiere pro as well as after effecrts. Both have the same problem as shown in the video. I can view videos on my computer, but the programs themselves don't support the video preview in the workspace. I've also included my system specs down below.

Premiere version: 14.3.1

Ram: 128 GB

Graphics card: AMD Radeon rx 580 vega (driver version 20.7.2.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines