• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR Exports look darker

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have this HDR video that I capture with Nvidia ShadowPlay. This is the original capture and it looks like this when I upload it to Youtube. This is how it looks when I finshed exporting it from Premiere Pro and upload it to Youtube. As you can see it looks way darker once it comes out of Premiere Pro, I just wanted to know why is this happening.

My Export settings look like this. 

Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.15 - 15.48.55.21 (2).png

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the color space for the sequence it's on? Check the Sequence settings for that ... the Working Color Space option at the bottom of the Video section of the Sequence settings dialog.

Did you adjust any tonality or hue, any color/brightness changes at all? If so, what did the Lumetri Scopes panel show? And was it set to an HDR color space?

There's a couple other things might be in play, but we'll start with those.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the working color space option in the sequence settings, this what I see.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.15 - 17.30.30.82 (2).png

I didn't mess with the colors at all, I just dragged it into Premiere Pro and exported. The only thing I changed in the Lumetri Scopes panel was these two things.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.15 - 17.36.33.98 (2).png

Change it from 8bit to HDR & change the colorspace from 709 to 2020. Im not sure if this is the same thing as the workspace in the sequence settings.

Screenshot (4).png

Also just wanted to say thanks for taking your time to help me with my problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this would help but here is a side by side of the videos media info.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.15 - 18.12.04.17 (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videos will look different on an iMac using Quicktime Vs a Dell Laptop using OBS or Windows Movie Maker. The video below might be helpful for exporting to different playback devices. That being said both video links you posted were set to private so I could not see them. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWjaEZLbdGk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry here are the new links.

Adobe HDR

Original HDR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you're on a previous version of PrPro. They've had the sequence color space settings for a couple dot-upgrades now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. So I just updated Premiere Pro to the latest update. Now I am able to see the the workspace color on the sequence settings. The export now looks like the original HDR capture. 

Also I changed the color space in the sequence settings to 2100HLG but this totally destroys the color on the preview. Here is a screen shot of what after changing it to 2100HLG.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.16 - 14.28.26.96 (2).png

How would I be able to fix this, cause when I export it looks just like this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forgot to mention that the export looks like the original HDR capture only if I leave the workspace color to Rec 709 instead of 2100HLG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines