• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Colour grading not working when sending to another computer or device

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I export my project in premiere pro, it saves it to my computer with all of the correct colour corrections. The project is complete on my computer. However, when I send the project to another computer/ device (by email), the colour grading disappears and the original clips play instead. The first time doing my project I did all of the colour grading on adjustment layers. The second time I removed the adjustment layers and edited the colour grading on the original clips but it all still disappeared when I sent it to another device. Nothing else has disappeared, only the colour grading. Is there anyway I can fix this so that my project has the correct colour grading and appears the same on any device?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're talking about the project files themselves, opened in Premiere on the other computer, and not an export of the the sequence, correct?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for replying. No, I'm talking about the exported sequence on another computer. I have finished the project and have exported it onto my computer. The exported version on my computer is fine with the correct colour grading and it appears as it should. However, I have to email it to another computer so that it can be graded as it's an assignment. Whenever I email it from my computer to another computer/device, for some reason the colour grading I had edited disappears and the video clips that play in the emailed version are the original clips. Everything else is fine with the video, only the colour grading has gone. I thought maybe it was to do with the display of my computer but now I don't think it is because I have opened the emailed version of the video on my computer and it's different to the finished exported one I have saved on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the exported file, when played in Premiere, has the full look of the grade, then the problem is the color management between the computers.

It's complicated and messy. So ... bring the exported file back into Premiere on the computer you're working on, and check it against the sequence. If they are the same, then you have to deal with conflicting color management.

Which OS are the two computers, and what work has been done to provide a proper Rec.709 calibration to the monitors?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines