• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Exporting in Premiere Pro 2021

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 12hr clip in 1080P 60FPS that I am cutting up into different videos. I have a 2-and-a-half-hour chunk that I am trying to export with a file size less than 2GB. I am using H.264 with the YouTube 1080P settings and have made sure premiere is using my mercury cuda in project settings. I am using VBR at 12 and have made sure hardware encoding is selected. I have let it try to export for about 4hrs for it to only get to 10%. This is insanely slow. I check task manager and see that my CPU sits around 9% and my GPU at a steady 3% so they are not really doing anything as far as I can see which is what I am think the issue is. I do not have an integrated graphics and I have installed the studio drivers for my graphics card and that does not help either. I have tried to follow multiple guides about this issue and nothing I have tried has worked. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

PC Specs:

Ryzen 7 5800X

Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (WI-FI)

G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2

EVGA GTX 1660TI 6GB XC Gaming

And an Elgato HD60 Pro but I do not know if that matters.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Try these 2 steps: 

1) Turn off hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media...  (Remember to do app restart)

2) Manually clear media cache - close Adobe PP/AE/ME, go to cache location and clean/delete folders: Media Cache, Media Cache Files, PTX, Peak Files

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these 2 steps: 

1) Turn off hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media...  (Remember to do app restart)

2) Manually clear media cache - close Adobe PP/AE/ME, go to cache location and clean/delete folders: Media Cache, Media Cache Files, PTX, Peak Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Number 1 did it for me, now its 20mins for exporting instead of a lifetime. I know about clearing the media cache but this is my first project and do not think that would matter yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Basil,

I've heard there is a fix in the 15.1 Beta. Can you check it out and verify for the community? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. Versions 15.1 beta and 15.2 beta are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gives nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines