• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Morph Cut is glitching BAD!

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Morph Cut is more unreliable than it is reliable. This is so disappointing since it's such a useful and necessary tool for jump cuts. There are only so many times I can strategically place b roll. I'm posting this, though, because in all my research about Morph Cut I haven't come across this issue and I'm hoping it's just somesort of setting or something that I'm missing. I've attached a video of the issue I'm having. On this same timeline I was able to place two morph cuts successfully, but the rest have been having this issue. I've tried letting my computer "sleep on it" and started fresh in the morning, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PP, I've tried clearing my media cache, and I've tried removing other effects such as Warp Stabilizer from the timeline, I've tried messing with the transition settings by increasing and decreasing frames. And still, the problem persists.

I'm a novice at film editing and don't know all of the particular details that I would if I did this as my profession. As such, I've also attached screen shots of the sequence settings. I know I'm using version 14.7.0 (Build 23) and there are no available updates. My laptop is a brand new Lenovo Yoga C940 and I've included a link to a page with all of its specs. 

https://www.cnet.com/products/lenovo-yoga-c940-15-6-inch/specs/

I would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE any help in fixing this issue. If that's not possible I would also appreciate suggestions of how to manage these jump cuts. This particular segment has three cuts pretty close together and Cross Dissolve seems to be my only viable options, although it's not nearly as clean as it should/could be.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to switch renderers from project settings?

softyware only and GPU acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I've been on GPU Acceleration (CUDA), but I just tried software only and no luck. If it helps, it does this in the preview and in the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to trim down the transition, and if you say software only renderer helps

in preview and export while cuda does not, maybe consider updating

your graphics card from the vendor's site?

if nothing works, join your voice with others here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35176918-fix-morph-cut-bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No luck. Thank you, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines