Highlighted

HELP: Multicam switching is switching both sides of clips

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of multicam editing of 4 camera shoots. Recently, this scenario has started happening:

I am playing my multicam cam clip. It is on camera 1 and I cut to camera 2. It makes the cut but it switches both sides of the clip to camera 2 instead of just to the right. It is driving me nuts.

Sometimes it only does it if the clip is highlighted and if I click off the clip and make the cut, it works properly. Other times it changes both side of the cut no matter what I do.

Any suggestions? Did something change? I never used to have this issue.

Topics

Editing, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP: Multicam switching is switching both sides of clips

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of multicam editing of 4 camera shoots. Recently, this scenario has started happening:

I am playing my multicam cam clip. It is on camera 1 and I cut to camera 2. It makes the cut but it switches both sides of the clip to camera 2 instead of just to the right. It is driving me nuts.

Sometimes it only does it if the clip is highlighted and if I click off the clip and make the cut, it works properly. Other times it changes both side of the cut no matter what I do.

Any suggestions? Did something change? I never used to have this issue.

Topics

Editing, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to reset the preferences? hold ALT while premiere pro is running on the splash screen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lots of things to try.  create a new project and import the old project into the new project.  Create a new sequence and copy the contents of the old sequence in to the new sequence...  and clearing the cache...  please try these in a methodical way and let us know if anything works.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0