Highlighted

Help needed with audio video sync

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded my version of Premiere from 2017 to 2020 (Version 14.5.0 build 084), as part of the upgrade I copied across my old settings and deleted my old version (which I am now regretting). I am experiencing a serious issue with audio and video not syncing in the newer version of premiere….

If I import in one of my GoPro Session files (1920×1080, 90 fps, stereo 48000 sound, video codec MP4/MOVH264 4:2:0) and drag it to the timeline, I have noticed that the video and audio are out of sync. I know this because I clap at the start of the video, and the visual hand clap is out of sync with the actual audio in premiere, and the audio waveform. They are out by about 4 frames. It doesn’t seem to be an issue on my older cams which are set to run 50fps in mono (same resolution). It is really frustrating, as I never noticed this on my old version of Premiere. It is made worse when I edit multicam footage (with old and new cams), where the audio sync function of premiere seems to make the problem even worse.

I have also noticed that when I export the media, and check "match sequence settings", Premiere  tries to save the result as a .mpeg file instead of a .mp4 file.

Hoping you guys can help me, as I am starting to regret upgrading from Premiere 2017 to 2020.

Many thanks - Ian

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help needed with audio video sync

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded my version of Premiere from 2017 to 2020 (Version 14.5.0 build 084), as part of the upgrade I copied across my old settings and deleted my old version (which I am now regretting). I am experiencing a serious issue with audio and video not syncing in the newer version of premiere….

If I import in one of my GoPro Session files (1920×1080, 90 fps, stereo 48000 sound, video codec MP4/MOVH264 4:2:0) and drag it to the timeline, I have noticed that the video and audio are out of sync. I know this because I clap at the start of the video, and the visual hand clap is out of sync with the actual audio in premiere, and the audio waveform. They are out by about 4 frames. It doesn’t seem to be an issue on my older cams which are set to run 50fps in mono (same resolution). It is really frustrating, as I never noticed this on my old version of Premiere. It is made worse when I edit multicam footage (with old and new cams), where the audio sync function of premiere seems to make the problem even worse.

I have also noticed that when I export the media, and check "match sequence settings", Premiere  tries to save the result as a .mpeg file instead of a .mp4 file.

Hoping you guys can help me, as I am starting to regret upgrading from Premiere 2017 to 2020.

Many thanks - Ian

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?