Highlighted

Help! Placing text on screen makes video brighter.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED (Changed Hardware Encoding to Software Encoding!)

Hello, I have a problem with placing text and occasionally just any edited part of a video in general (Like changing the speed of a video, ect.)

My problem is: Whenever I place text on my videos the video gets noticeably brighter. I have no idea how to fix this let alone know the cause. I have tried resetting preferences, and restarting my computer doesn't help. This issue only happens after rendering a video, not before, as the preview looks the way it should. Below are a couple images of an example video I made. The first image is before I put on the text, and the second image is while the text is on-screen. Thanks in advance!

Things I have tried to fix this issue:

• Updating Drivers (GeForce GTX 1660)

• Resetting Preferences

• Reinstalling

• Restarting Computer

Frame1.PNGFrame2.PNG

If that didn't do it, I put together an image that has masked parts of each photo (The first has annotations marking each place there is a mask.) :

Annotated Image:

compare.pngNon-Annotaded (No extra text) Image:

CompareWithoutText.png

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help! Placing text on screen makes video brighter.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED (Changed Hardware Encoding to Software Encoding!)

Hello, I have a problem with placing text and occasionally just any edited part of a video in general (Like changing the speed of a video, ect.)

My problem is: Whenever I place text on my videos the video gets noticeably brighter. I have no idea how to fix this let alone know the cause. I have tried resetting preferences, and restarting my computer doesn't help. This issue only happens after rendering a video, not before, as the preview looks the way it should. Below are a couple images of an example video I made. The first image is before I put on the text, and the second image is while the text is on-screen. Thanks in advance!

Things I have tried to fix this issue:

• Updating Drivers (GeForce GTX 1660)

• Resetting Preferences

• Reinstalling

• Restarting Computer

Frame1.PNGFrame2.PNG

If that didn't do it, I put together an image that has masked parts of each photo (The first has annotations marking each place there is a mask.) :

Annotated Image:

compare.pngNon-Annotaded (No extra text) Image:

CompareWithoutText.png

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?