• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!!!!! Premiere changing color of the recorded video (brightness and contrast) upon import

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a monitor Alienware aw2721d (2560x1440@240fps) a few weeks ago. The problem I experience is that, whenever I import the gameplay in Premiere Pro (recorded using OBS and Nvidia GeForce Experience Shadowplay), the video footage has issues with contrast and brightness.

I opened the recorded gameplay footage using VLC media player and the colours are fine. I view the gameplay footage in Premiere Pro and the colours are different.

Solutions attempted in the PC: Settings – Display – advanced display settings – Display adapter properties for Display 1 – Color management – color management – tick the ‘use my settings for this device’, then pick the sRGB virtual device model profile as default. ‘It didn’t solve the issue’. The HDR on the PC is turned on. The HDR on the monitor is also turned on.

Solutions attempted in the Premiere Pro: Preferences – General – Display Color Management tick. ‘It didn’t solve the issue’.

My Alienware PC specs include: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x (cpu), Nvidia RTX 3090 (gpu), 64 Gb (RAM), 0TYR0X (motherboard).

Monitor drivers, Graphics card, Bios, Cpu, Windows 10, Premiere Pro are ALL up to date with the latest drivers.

Did you guys have any suggestions??

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you use Rec.709 color space in OBS?

Premiere Pro's color space is mainly Rec.709

in sequence settings, try the other color spaces

@R Neil Haugen  is the best to help here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro's internal monitors are all Rec.709. You can use HDR media, but you can't see it correctly inside Premeire Pro. To do so requires an HDR capable monitor, attached to an "i/o" box from AJA or BlackMagic.

You use the settings in that device to get a 'clean' signal out of Premiere and the computer that is full HDR, and feed it to the monitor. You cannot currently get an HDR signal out of Premiere through a GPU connection.

If you search for HDR FAQ, you can get a post that lists the devices needed for this. And for the workflow you need to use to do so. They've added some things in the last few weeks, like being able to set the timeline and scopes to several different HDR options.

But there's still no internal monitor support via GPU or standard computer connections for seeing HDR within PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines