HELP Premiere Pro Corrupt/Damaged Files

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hard drive got quick formatted and i was able to retrieve everything however my premiere pro projects are not opening!

It tells me this project appears to be damaged. I'm trying it on the same version of premiere since it's on another hard drive. The autosave files dont open either. Importing doesnt work. The project took quite a while since im a newb to editing.

im crying.  p l e a s e  h e l p  .

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP Premiere Pro Corrupt/Damaged Files

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hard drive got quick formatted and i was able to retrieve everything however my premiere pro projects are not opening!

It tells me this project appears to be damaged. I'm trying it on the same version of premiere since it's on another hard drive. The autosave files dont open either. Importing doesnt work. The project took quite a while since im a newb to editing.

im crying.  p l e a s e  h e l p  .

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
MyerPj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that a harddrive or SSD? Not much can do. Did you have any other copies? The general rule I tell my clients is the minute you never want to do something again, you'd better backup. I'd say look around in the recovery software for another version of the project, maybe you restored the wrong one? Otherwise, the importing trick usually does it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 2