Highlighted

HELP pro cc not working at all when I go over 10 clips

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to state that I am quite new to editing

I'm making an edit of 1080p 24fps Xbox Game DVR footage, I've done the same with 720p DVR footage no issues same with 720p mp4 files, I used about 30 clips in the project window for both, there were no issues. However, with this project, whenever I add another object of any type, image, video or otherwise, it COMPLETELY BREAKS. it's utterly unusable, and I mean COMPLETELY unusable, I cannot touch anything apart from the top tab options. I have 12 items on the project right now, a sequence, an MP3 file, and 10 of the game DVR clips, when I add a 13th item, it will start to breakdown until I delete said 13th item and it works like roses again. It's super weird. And whenever I start a new project it does the same. I'm getting extremely desperate here as the only solution I've found is I can export whenever I reach the clip limit and build the edit piece by piece like that, but that obviously severely hinders my ability to make it good and I really, REALLY want to be able to push this edit to the limit without having to do something so obtuse. HELP PLZ

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP pro cc not working at all when I go over 10 clips

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to state that I am quite new to editing

I'm making an edit of 1080p 24fps Xbox Game DVR footage, I've done the same with 720p DVR footage no issues same with 720p mp4 files, I used about 30 clips in the project window for both, there were no issues. However, with this project, whenever I add another object of any type, image, video or otherwise, it COMPLETELY BREAKS. it's utterly unusable, and I mean COMPLETELY unusable, I cannot touch anything apart from the top tab options. I have 12 items on the project right now, a sequence, an MP3 file, and 10 of the game DVR clips, when I add a 13th item, it will start to breakdown until I delete said 13th item and it works like roses again. It's super weird. And whenever I start a new project it does the same. I'm getting extremely desperate here as the only solution I've found is I can export whenever I reach the clip limit and build the edit piece by piece like that, but that obviously severely hinders my ability to make it good and I really, REALLY want to be able to push this edit to the limit without having to do something so obtuse. HELP PLZ

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that your source material has a variable frame rate.

Use mediainfo to confirm this

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

If it has a variable frame rate use handbrake to convert

https://handbrake.fr

and here's a tutorial on how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 1
zeiram LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, but this has nothing to do with the frame rate of the source material.

I just opened up a completely new project, and simply added 13 photos to the project tab, not even a timeline.

It still completely broke.

I can't have more than 12 items in the project tab no matter what.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0