Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help with Adobe Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I want to create a dvd slideshow with photos & videos that includes titles, music & transitions. Am I able to do that withe Adobe Premiere and can I burn it to dvd & bluray.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The answer is actually "yes AND no." 

You can create a video that is a montage of photos or photos+videos, with music and transitions. This will be a video with a set length and the viewer will not be able to click through the photos, only watch the video from start to finish. 

Once your video is done you can export it to a Bluray compatible file (H.264) or DVD (MPEG-2). You can find these presets in the Export window or export via Media Encoder and search for Bluray or DVD in the presets menu. Note that if you want to make both versions then you need to set your sequence to 1920x1080 for the Bluray, and just note that the DVD version will get downscaled with slight letterboxing to maintain the aspect ratio. Do not start with the smaller size and try to scale up.

Now here's the rub: you can create the video in the correct format for those discs BUT you cannot make the disc itself with Adobe products anymore. They have discontinued Adobe Encore which was their disc-burning software; you'll need a 3rd-party program like Toast to actually burn the disc. Again note that you can create the video files with Adobe software so just drag those into the other application; the disc burning app will only be used to make menus and actually burn the disc(s). 

HTH,
JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thanks for the response. I'm on Windows 10. What software do you recommend in terms of authoring a DVD & bluray.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I'm not a Windows guy but I do recommend Roxio products. They make Toast for the Mac and they have authoring programs for Windows:

Roxio store 

Note that you'll need to buy a plug-in if you want to author Blurays. 

HTH,

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines