Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with an animated circular text

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am tryinng to have the subtitles for a video I am doing rotate around a circle. I want new words originating from the same place where old words are being hidden. All the tutorials I have found online make a static picture that they then use a radial wipe to reveal the words, but I want to have a text slowly being revealed and have distortion animations on the letters individually. Would anyone have any idea on how to achieve this ?Any help would be much appreciated.

Rory

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 18.32.20.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Rory,

See if this tutorial by Angie Taylor will help you: https://angietaylor.co.uk/tip-wrapping-text-around-a-circle-in-after-effects/

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rory,

Do you have access to After Effects via Creative Cloud, or only Premiere Pro? If you have it, you should do this text animation there. It's pretty simple. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do have access to after effects !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rory,

See if this tutorial by Angie Taylor will help you: https://angietaylor.co.uk/tip-wrapping-text-around-a-circle-in-after-effects/

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing thank you !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no sorry this did not answer my question. The image I posted is my image. I want to animate the text so that it rotates arounnd the circle. I intend this to show the subtitles of the video. With new words originating from a point in the line and terminnating at the opposite side of that point. It would be like scrolling text across the screen but around the circle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't find this anywhere.  I want a sentence to roam around the page like a catipillar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trish,

Yes, sorry. This effect cannot be accomplished simply in Premiere Pro. I would still recommend After Effects for any "path text" effect, which is what you seem to be describing. Do you have After Effects?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Circling back, sorry, Rory, I didn't see your followup. To do the additional effect, You can simply use a mask at the end of the text animation.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch the video at 18 minutes in. Let me know if that is how you want your circle text animation to look? That being said feel free to watch the whole video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I delete a post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines