• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with animating kerning in Premiere Pro...

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone on here, or can anyone suggest someone or a source by which I can 
hire a person to tutor me online?  I work a lot with Premiere Pro and use templates sometimes. 
But when I try to look at how the template was constructed I'm totally lost.  I can't seem to open up the layers and see what they did.
An example would be this template, since animating kerning is not an option how did they do it?
I tried to open it up on the timeline but it does not reveal the layers.  It isn't a composite created in AE it exists in Premiere somehow. 
Anyone know of someone who can help me with this?
Thanks, Ken 
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been in touch with Kim Jong Un with your report? 😉

Till now you have no solution for the OP and neither has anyone else, for those that may be interested in the solution(s). Till now, the only sensible, viable and professional solution is the one I proposed. It just so happens that it is also a product that I developed. This is no coincidence as this feature was one of the foremost on my mind when designing my product.

I have also been a long-time contributor consistent to online forums for AE and PPpro - about two decades. And my involvement into development came years after I started. A lot of my motivation to develop products has been to provide a solution to some of the Qs that I see often on online forums. Products development is just an aside thing that I enjoy doing - as a personal challenge and to provide solutions for users.

Over at the AE forum, ACPs often develop products that provides solutions and they often promote their wares with no issues. And there are no issues whatsoever. No one has ever complained. I know I appreciate such posts - it lets me know of a solution to a common  problem or a workflow improvement that will improve my productivity. It also lets me know that the people who help out in the forums know their stuff AND are helpful people. No one is forced to purchase a product!

On typeGEMS V2, I even reduced its price temporarily to US$2 when WFH was in order for most parts of the world. It's always been a case of give and take with online forums. I have absolutely no idea why, how or what you think allows you to act in such a vile manner towards others who are trying to be helpful! Even your initial post, which was prior to mine, was filled with abject vileness and for no clear reason.

Lastly, your suggestion that I should have provided a free solution via AE, in a PPro Forum, to a user who quite clearly has not much experience with AE is awefully ridiculous! Then you suggested that I get in touch via PM with the OP to let him know of my product/solution. This is actually even worse!!! Directly contacting a forum user to sell my products is IMHO utterly wrong and should not be allowed for many obvious reasons, to one who reasons.

I humbly suggest  that you stop harrassing others who provide a solution regardless if these are free or paid; by the poster or someone else. You've even dared to venture into how much my product should be priced!!! How thoughtful of you!!!

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roland,

You've been a huge help for years, especially with Ae issues. For many, many users. Many of the Pr users haven't 'seen' you as much but I've certainly appreciated your help to both myself and so many others. And have called on you several times to pop in and help when I couldn't but knew you could ... and would.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good gawd, Roland, you are really out of it. Keep justifying yourself and calling me names and what's with your fixation with North Korea ? Is that some local Singpore joke or something ? Get a life and move on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, have you discovered that I am of Korean decent, living in the U.S. as a citizen, and you are now making racist remarks to hurt me ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'll complain to Adobe about the racism and see if they can just delete this entire thread.

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

==========

Is there anyone on here, or can anyone suggest someone or a source by which I can 
hire a person to tutor me online?  I work a lot with Premiere Pro and use templates sometimes. 
But when I try to look at how the template was constructed I'm totally lost.  I can't seem to open up the layers and see what they did.
==========
A lot of people online would jump at the chance to 'be hired' by you to be your online tutor. They are scam artists mostly, and some of them are very good at fooling folks into helping after your check clears.
This is fairly obvious if you do a lot of computer stuff and asking a question like that usually means a person is not savvy about the scams they may find themselves in.
For this forum, that is a dangerous and unwelcome scenario to promote.
This forum is about learning how to use the programs safely with creativity and production in mind.

The response you got helped you and I'm really glad. But that is not what this forum is about and should not be promoted by the moderators, etc. Some of the moderators also sell themselves here ( tutorials ) and promote their self interest.
I'm not a crazy person in my opinion and I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I'm glad you have your solution. I don't want anything more to do with this incredibly stupid ( yes, stupid ) thread. I guess I'll have to keep responding now that I put my oar in the water, but basically this is getting really old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Onward! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks... you can say that again !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just going to echo that Roland has been quite helpful here in the forums, and I think it's OK to mention his product when it does essentially what a user requrires. Furthermore he's been around a LOOOONG time, and helpful over many years. Thanks Roland.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kind words PJ.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Roland's plug-in does something that Premiere Pro cannot do on its own, he is welcome to help customers out with an answer. It's fine according to Adobe Community Guidelines.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Roland's products are similar to creating a mogrt in Ae with a TON of options moved to the EGP panel there, so when opened in Premiere, all those options are available easily and quickly for the user. It gives you controls that you may well have to go into Ae to be able to use. But within an easy to apply process in Premiere.

Dang useful. I can go into Ae and do the same sorts of things if I want to spend the time. But I don't. So I happily use his tools when they are useful for me. Compared to what I pay for the complete Red Giant suite, his stuff is cheap.

Antoine is another user here ... he works for Autokroma, which makes an incredibly cool BRAW plugin for Premiere that not only always works, as opposed to the BM freebie, which in my use was always breaking. But it adds functionality such as the ability to create and store/use presets of your BRAW settings.

He often pops in on BRAW questions, whether the user is using his plugin or not. And is the absolute BEST source for sorting out troubles with the freebie plugin from BM. Dang handy to have the guy pop in and help.

And yea, he's with a company that sells a useful product.

On the BM forums, there are several 'factory reps' that pop in and help users with issues ... and they are thanked and highly respected. Post when they have new releases and offer information services and wisdom.

In my case, there are at times questions of knowledge base or veracity, where pointing out my work with say the colorists at MixingLight is useful to show credibility of knowledge. I don't get a dime for doing so, period. But that my comments on say color management are not just from some web bozo can be quite germane to the discussion.

Many of the people "around here" are professionals. Which means they get paid for working with video. And it's nice to actually know where they work and such. Find useful workflow ideas and practices. And they should feel free to make comments.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines