• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with editing 1080p 60fps 6hr video (Playback choppy)

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am currently trying to edit a 6hr video that is 1080p 60fps. The video is not proxied since I did not think it would be an issue but part way through editing this (about half) I just cant keep trying to fight the play back being so choppy. Render attempt was taking hours even picking out 10 minute parts 1 by 1. any tips on how to smooth out the process with choppy playback? non 60fps editing at 1080p works fine but the length and fps seems to be a problem. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your system specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i7 9700k 

16GB ram

nvidia rtx 2070 8gb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im not trying to slowmo just cut down a gameplay highlights video. even the preview window is choppy if you watch it in source monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i try to render it to get smoother playback at 95%-98% itll just start rendering .01% an hour its that slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gameplay is most likely recorded in variable frame rates. Premiere, and other NLE, really hate variable frame rates.

Use handbrake to transcode your footage before editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like something is wrong. The video below might help you out but I would like to see your system specs. It could be an Nvdia driver. I don't know what audio gear you have but sometimes and ASIO driver can improve playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looked into that video and it seems i have everything the same settings wise as that video. ill look into asio at reinstall my nvidia drivers. my specs for pc are 

i7 9700k 

16GB ram

nvidia rtx 2070 8gb 

im not sure if you need anything else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just checked in my davinci and the video in full plays back nearly flawlessly in davinci resolve. both in preview and timeline 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stated specs I meant stats. Could you let us see what the stats look like in windows Task Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with the 6 hr file just moved to the timeline, without media encoder running and with the media open in both source and program window. im running 10-16% CPU my memory is running 71% and GPU is 7-10%

while trying to play the footage in program I am reading 20-27% cpu, 75-81% memory and 7-8% gpu

my ram is currently 13 out of the 16gbs dedicated to adobe. I believe this is what you wanted in terms of stats so let me know if it helps. I tried to proxy but proxy said it was going to take 8hrs tried to leave it overnight. after i woke up the next morning the proxy had 9 more hours remaining on its estimate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The RAM seems to be a weakest link. That being said you might have to wipe and reload windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines