Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with overlaying short animated gif/png the full length of movie

Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I can explain this easily -

Im trying to add a 4 second looping animate logo - rebuilt in PP by importing the 8 individual transparent bg pngs into a sequence - into a 3 minute video. I got the animated logo sequence to loop clicking the loop button, but the looping logo sequence doesn't behave as expected when dragged onto a new layer above my main sequence.

I was hoping I could  just pull the right side handle (vert red line in attached img) of the animated logo layer to stretch it to 3 minutes, like you can pull the handle of a static image to whatever length of time you want. 

PP won't let me pull the sequence beyond its 4 second "out" frame. Instead, I'd have to copy paste the 4 sec sequences dozens/one hundred times so it plays continuously throughout the 3 minute vid. This prevents me from applying effects (eg opacity or scale up/down)  to the single sequence in various places. 

Is there a workaround?

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.51.02 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

If you copy and paste 1 to make 2, then copy and paste 2 to make 4....etc, it wont take long to fill the sequence, then just nest all the clips to make one nested clip to add the effects to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would do would be to take the animation into after effects where you can interpret footage to loop as many times as you desire. Take the video file into after effects, right-click and choose Interpret Footage > Main and at the bottom, there will be a place to put in the number of loops. Drop that file into a comp that's as long as your timeline is in Premiere Pro. Drag the clip out to length. Save. And in Premiere Pro import the After Effects file and choose the comp you made. The comp will import as a Dynamic Link file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks. but wow....not possible in PP? 

Far as I know,  theres no way to export a "video file" with the transparent background of the pngs, which is critical. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some codecs that have support for alpha channels that you can export with from Premiere Pro

Apple Animation
Apple ProRes 4444
Avid DNxHD
Avid DNxHR

GoPro Cineform

PNG Sequence With Alpha

And there are some others.

Also easy to recreate the animation with your original png files in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you copy and paste 1 to make 2, then copy and paste 2 to make 4....etc, it wont take long to fill the sequence, then just nest all the clips to make one nested clip to add the effects to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines