• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with using Razor Tool on Grouped Clips

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I just recently got Premiere, and after a verrrrry long haitus I am editing again. 

Since I've started there has been one constant issue I cannot solve:

I have the Video and Audio tracks grouped so they dont get desynced.... when I'm editing I use the Razor tool to cut out bits i want to delete, but the severed clip is still grouped with the rest of the video... So in the end I have to.... Razor tool what i want to remove... ungroup the entire video... delete the bit i wanted to remove, then RE group the entire video... Am I doing something wrong? or is there a way for Adobe to just realize the segment i cut is being removed so i dont have to ungroup and regroup constantly. 

I appreciate any tips.. thanks guys!

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not doing anything wrong: that is how group works.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/clips-sequence.html

You probably need to change the way you edit in order not to get the clips desynced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm probably going about it in a slightly sloppy manner, but I'm not sure. Is there another way that video tracks are grouped to their audio tracks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the "alt" key while selecting to select clips inside of a group without ungrouping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! I'll definitely give that a try, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if you are deleting clips in the middle try ripple delete (shift +del) to close the gaps automatically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines