Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Workflow

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am very new to premiere and I am learning how to edit video. I have some clips separated from the audio and I can't find a way to link them together. I used davinci resolve and there is a link button, is there something similar in premeire?

Also, how can I rename the tracks based on the scene number and take number etc? 

What I would like to achieve is that I will have all the clips organised with an audio linked so I can select in/out and create a sequence. At the moment the only way I found is to create a sequence with everything and cut as I cannot find a way to link an audio file to a clip

Thanks for the help 🙂

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there scratch audio on the video clips you're trying to link audio tracks to?  If so, then in the project pane ctrl-click the audio track and the video track you want linked, right click and select Merge Clips, then Syncronise by Audio (with the good audio track selected in the drop-down menu).  This creates a new, merged clip consisting of the two elements you selected.

To rename clips, just click on the name in the Project pane and it will become editable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I think "merge" is what I was looking for.  Is there also a way just to link audio and video? When I merge a new clip is created.

For the rename, I was looking for renaming from metadata. For example, if there is a template that I can apply to change the name of the file for example based on the Scene number or take number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can link any audio and video clips within a sequence by selecting them both and then ctrl-L (or right-click, Link).  They will then be tied together within that sequence only.

I'm not sure if it's possible to batch-rename based on clip metadata within Premiere.  One partial solution would be to right-click the Name category in the Project pane, then Metadata Display..., tick the box that contains the metadata you're wanting to see, then OK, then drag that column to sit right next to the Name column.  Unfortunately, I can't see a way to hide the name column entirely, nor to drag any of the other columns to the left of Name.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! 

Probably "merge" is the solution. I would like them link not in the sequence but always. 

For the renami is not a real issue, I was just wondering if there is the equivalent of davinci resolve when we can rename files with a template like %scene-%take-%shot, but is not that fundamental 🙂

Thanks again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you ingest your footage through Adobe Prelude you can create a naming template that might be like what you're looking for.

https://youtu.be/7JIKtd6vqZM?t=703

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines