Highlighted

Hey Im new to Adobe Premier

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought adobe premier today because I wanted something better then I movie, so i recorded a video on obs then I go on adobe to edit it i click import medie and my vidoe doesnt show up but i can clearly see the vidoe in my folder when i open it sepreatly from premeir help please !

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hey Im new to Adobe Premier

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought adobe premier today because I wanted something better then I movie, so i recorded a video on obs then I go on adobe to edit it i click import medie and my vidoe doesnt show up but i can clearly see the vidoe in my folder when i open it sepreatly from premeir help please !

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OBS recordings are .mkv files, which I believe Premiere Pro doesn't support. There's a reason for this, but I don't remember what it is.

The OBS recording must be converted first... in OBS, you can choose File > Remux recordings, and use that dialog to turn it into an .mp4 file.

Or you can use Handbrake or Media Encoder to turn it into a file that Premiere can use.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked thank you so much!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you import a video into Premiere and Premiere doesn't show you a preview of the video inside Project panel, then this video format/codec is not supported by Premiere.

As jampff suggested here, it's probably because your video may be in MKV format, which Premiere doesn't support, so you'll need to convert it into MP4 or MOV

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0