Hide bottom layer of Multiply blend mode

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is my situation:

I have 2 layers. The top one is a png image. Some parts have color and some are transparent. The bottom layer is a video of a transition on grey scale. I have my top layer blend mode set to multiply, so it's only fully visible when the bottom layer is white and fully transparent when the bottom layer is black.

It works as expected, but as I said, the top layer has some transparent parts, and on those parts, the bottom layer is visible when it's white.

Is there any way I can hide the bottom layer but preserve the effects it causes to the top layer? Or hide the bottom layer parts that are transparent on the top layer?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only thing I can think of is to use a mask on the V2 track png file. Right now, it's doing exactly what a file with alpha channels should do when over a lower track image.

And ... you have two tracks in video terminology. Layers would be like two instances/layers of Lumetri or another effect in the Effects Control Panel (ECP).

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines