• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High CPU Usage Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive posted This already but i guess due to editing my subject line, it got no views. So two weeks ago i started PR Pro (after a about 3 months not using it) and with anything i did in the program except, my CPU immediately shot up from 350% to 700% usage and everything lagged horribly.

I use a fully speced 2017 Mackbook Pro

Trouble shooting done: On/Off (reboots and stuff), update to latest, clean reinstall, cache, footage/projects (different footage, proxis, empty project), turn off otther programs (still cant count that out 100%), disconnecting from everything (drives, dongles, wifi, bluetooth), downgrading to 2019 etc.

Nothing helped.

Any idea?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have plenty of empty space on your startup drive (at least 20% empty).  I strongly recommend that you make a bootable clone of your startup drive which you'll be able to restart from and run diskuntility on your startup drive.  If you've got diskwarrior, I'd run that also.   How much ram do you have and how are your premiere preferences are set up for RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i took a day to test my Macbook pro:
- cleaned it out (data, caches, run full CleanMyMac check)
- made space on my SSD (got 50% free space) and freed up ram
- reset PRAM, NVRAM, SMC
- booted in Hardware Test Utility and found no problems

Nothing helped. After Effects, Resolve and other "heavy" programs like Cinema 4D work perfectly fine. Only Premiere is going nuts.
I also tried every possible change in the premiere pro settings. Nothing

I have yet to:
- do a clean mac OS reinstall

- make a bootable clone to test my hard drive but i doubt its a hardware problem because premiere pro is the only programm acting up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines