• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Higher quality, worse rendering effects

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, so my problem is with rendering my project. When I do this at low quality (.avi 320x480), all effects come out fine, but when I change the quality for the better (h.264 or hvec or even .avi at higher resolution) some effects get messed up. For instance my offset effect to move my picture around a bit just stops moving at a certain point, then returns to it's original point at the end of my effect layer. Could it be hardware related? (AMD RX5600XT/i5-9600KF) I also have some of the video files I use on a different HDD, I cannot imagine this being the problem, but if someone knows its the opposite, then let me know!

Cheers everyone

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your Mercury Acceleration settings in the Project dialog?

What created your media, and what frame-rate/frame-size is it?

What is the frame-rate and frame-size of your sequence?

What effects are you using?

And what do you have for your program monitor setting, full, quarter, half ... and for playback/pause settiings ... and whether or not High Quality is checked ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

Mercury accelaration is GPU (opencl) but also tried software.

Media is created by go-pro(59.94fr/1920x1440) and phone camera (30fr/3840x2160), I have the problem on both.

Sequence frame-rate is 23.976fr/1080x1920

The effect I have the noticable problem with is "offset". 

Program monitor is on 1/4, but the problem is with exporting. Even in the preview output, I can already see it going wrong when I go to a certain frame-size/quality. The lower the quality, the better the effect works.

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rendering my project.

By @BN Slagterr

Do you mean rendering the timeline for preview or do you mean exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I checked, and it happens with both. But where I get the problem especially is with exporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines