• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal green lines covering the screen and glitching out the imported video

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to whoever is reading this. I have the strangest problem with Adobe Premiere Pro for Windows 10. Version 14.3.1. I don't even know when exactly this started; just that I once imported a random video to a random project, and it began showing these strange green lines over the video. Even after deleting the video from the timeline, the green lines would still stay. In addition to the lines, anything visible behind the lines looks strange and I don't even know how to describe it, so I took some screenshots of it.

A note: When going to a different project, the lines go away, but no matter how many times I restart Premiere, restart the whole computer, or even update or delete and reinstall Premiere, it continues to do this.

One more note: When exporting the video to MP4, the lines are completely gone and the video looks entirely normal, even the editing added through Premiere Pro. It still makes it extremely hard to edit and I really don't know what the problem even is, and any help would be greatly appreciated.Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - C__Users_Josiah_Documents_Premiere Pro stuhff because my computer's being crappy_Yet another freaking test 8_9_2020 11_15_51 PM.pngAdobe Premiere Pro 2020 - C__Users_Josiah_Documents_Premiere Pro stuhff because my computer's being crappy_Yet another freaking test 8_9_2020 11_16_02 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. I just had to upgrade my Intel Graphics drivers and it was fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update (more likely downgrade) Intel gpu driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but would you happen to know which driver would be the best suited to have? I recently updated my windows version and after that it's just had that glitch, im not sure what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines