• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOT! Pixelation on cross dissolve

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a weird pixelation in premier preview and after rendering.  It looks like sand or very pronounced grain. I can not figure out how to get rid of it. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 12.20.07 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

If you set your renderer to Software Only and test, does the problem remain?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC

I am not sure how that is done. Can you tell me how? Keep in mind that the issue shows in preview as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your Project Settings and set videorender to Software only in the General tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I did that but now I have no preview. How is that resolved? I did a render and replace with no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is odd: start with trashing preferences if that does help re-install:

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashed prefs and doing an update. Any other ideas. When I get rid of the dissolve the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a native dissolve or third party?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All native.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alvarez.00_00_01_02.Still001.jpg

HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE...     After more than 20 yearas of using Adobe Premiere, this is the first time this happens.  

Restarted computer,  turned off GPU acceleration,  and reset setings... all the same.  And hapening on other previous saved projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many lost hours I found a workaround to this issue... but it seems to be a bug.  I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish you'd posted a text version of your solution since the video is unavailable. I'm here in 2023 having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem with dissolves and drop shadow. When you click on a clip, under the effects controls look at the Blend Mode below Opacity. When blend mode is set to Dissolve, all the dissolves and drop shadows had that grainy pixelated look. When I switched it back to the Normal setting, everything started working fine again. I'm not sure how it got switched over to the Dissolve blend mode, but it only happened for one of my projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that its the dissolve setting on the clip that has affected this.

My fix for it is as follows;

Right-click on the clip that is having the problem with the transition, and in the pop-up menu, select "Remove Attributes". Then you need to DE-SELECT everything, except for the Dissolve. Then click on OK.

Then play the clip again with the cross-dissolve and it should be gone - a smooth fade in/out will now happen. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed the problem for me. Thank you!!!

For anyone using Premiere Pro 2023: follow the steps above. After clicking "Remove Attributes" de-select everything except "Opacity"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me. It was driving me nuts! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines