• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotkeys stop working in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens quite randomly but this time I have lost control of Q and W hotkeys which for me ripple delete to previous and next cut.

Infuriating and honestly, I don't see myself using Premiere in the future if this doesn't get fixed. 

I've built a pc specifically to run well for video editing but even after all the hardware purchases this expensive editing software often adds 6+ hours to every editing process when I have to keep rebooting it.

Also, the workspaces stop working sometimes. If I press the Graphics tab then entire menus might disappear at random times. It would be easy to pinpoint this to memory shortage but the same problems happen before and after hardware upgrades. Sometimes this happens even when there's a single video clip on the timeline. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

At present, there is an issue with nested audio, which causes strange behavior: delete or disable Show Audio Waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gotta say I rarely have these sorts of problems and when I do, they often seem to be caused by problematic sources.  I've been working with computer video editing for a very long time, with extensive experience in avid media composer, finalcutpro 1-7 and DaVinci Resolve and Premiere seems as stable and dependable as any of them.  That said, I scan this forum every few days and get a sense of the kind of problems people are having and how you can either solve or workaround the issue...  You also, quickly learn who to trust on the forum.  Ann's at the top of the list.  

If you're interested in digging in to your issues (if Ann's suggestions don't solve the problem), please start by telling us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.   And unfortunately there are millions of combinations of OS and hardware out there that will run Premiere and it's unrealistic to expect Adobe to test every single one.   Back in the day, the Avid media composer was a turnkey system including computer, etc down to the cables connecting drives, etc.  Even then, hardware problems would sometimes occur.

And although modern editing systems tout their ability to work with almost any format, there are real advantages to transcoding to a highquality all-iframe format like prores.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines