• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I apply an effect to only a mask in premiere

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a moving mask but everytime I try to apply the effect on the mask, it just applies it to the whole clip even if I nest the mask

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Right under the effect line is a create ellipse button. Click that to make a mask.  Then paste the mask into the Mask 1 line.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the mask to the effect mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean exactly, I copied the clip with the mask and put it above the original. What do you mean by coping the mask to the effect mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right under the effect line is a create ellipse button. Click that to make a mask.  Then paste the mask into the Mask 1 line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me, it didn't let me copy and paste a mask into the effect mask :(, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the moving mask you already made, the one under Opacity (make sure you have selected the title "Mask (1)" or whatever number you have) and copy it (I personally use the copy shortcut a couple of times to make sure it copied it, because sometimes Premiere gets a little picky with the copy/paste stuff).

Step 1.PNG

Then select the title of the effect (again, make sure the title is selected) and paste it. 

Step 2.PNG

(Sorry if that's what you already did, but it's a very common mistake to have something else selected when copying/pasting).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you add an effect, you'll see that in the Effects Controls panel, directly below the added effect's title, you have the three mask types available, those are the ones you need to use if you want that effect to apply only to a masked region; if you create a mask with the options under the Opacity title, the mask will determine what area of the clip will be visible, but whichever effect you add will affect the entire clip, regardless of that mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines