• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change 'Import Settings' in the new Captions

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've noticed that in the latest Premiere update, the Captions feature has changed. This was an change that had to be made and is for sure quite handier like this. However, I've been looking for days now for the old "Import Settings" field. I want to be able to choose a specific a style, so each time I import an SRT into Premiere, my subtitles have this style by default. I know the new update gives you the chance to create your own Styles and save them, but what about Import Setting? Many thanks in advance for your help!Captions_Import_Settings.jpg 

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no longer an "import settings" button/dialogue. Also, I don't think there is any control over what the "default" style is. One user suspects it is what he used before the update. But I have not found a pattern.

So it would be a feature request. I did not see one the last time I looked.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

But all you have to do, as you suggest, is import and then apply a [Caption] "Track Style" in the Essential Graphics Panel. See this post for some info about the Track Styles that is not (yet) in the documentation. They follow the project, so you'll need to import one or more for each project.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-15-edit-rename-delete-captions-master-style...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines