Highlighted

How can I create a 4:3 sequence that will take MXF files?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the title says it all, I want to be able to create a project in a sequence where I can have a 4:3 aspect ratio on the actual project I'm editing, though I have 16:9 footage. I've tried looking through presets for the sequences, but no preset that gives me a 4:3 aspect ratio will allow me to use the MXF footage I have. I can get MXF files into the timeline, but they will create a new sequence and automatically create a 16:9 aspect ratio.

I have tried everything I know in Adobe, and I still have no idea what is going on, the more I look into what MXF is the more I'm getting confused. If this can't be done, then I'm just going to have to put black bars on a 16:9 video, which I don't want to do (obviously), but I just can't see a way of editing a sequence to be 4:3 after it's already been made, and no 4:3 that I've been able to get will take MXF files

Topics

Editing, Formats, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I create a 4:3 sequence that will take MXF files?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the title says it all, I want to be able to create a project in a sequence where I can have a 4:3 aspect ratio on the actual project I'm editing, though I have 16:9 footage. I've tried looking through presets for the sequences, but no preset that gives me a 4:3 aspect ratio will allow me to use the MXF footage I have. I can get MXF files into the timeline, but they will create a new sequence and automatically create a 16:9 aspect ratio.

I have tried everything I know in Adobe, and I still have no idea what is going on, the more I look into what MXF is the more I'm getting confused. If this can't be done, then I'm just going to have to put black bars on a 16:9 video, which I don't want to do (obviously), but I just can't see a way of editing a sequence to be 4:3 after it's already been made, and no 4:3 that I've been able to get will take MXF files

Topics

Editing, Formats, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create, for example, a SD 4:3 sequence and drag an HD asset to it, I am asked whether to change the sequence. Just say no.

What are you actually doing to add the mxf file?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Drag/drop the first clip onto a blank timeline, or use the "new sequence from clip" option.
  • Click on  the sequence so it's the active panel.
  • In the Sequences menu, select "Sequence Settings".
  • Set the "Editing Mode" option to Custom by scrolling to the top of the options.
  • Set the horizontal and vertical frame-size you wish, and it will tell you the aspect ratio for the number you enter.

Now you have a 4:3 or any other size/AR seqeunce for whatever media you're using.

I would also suggest going to the Preferences/Media tab, and setting the scaling option to 'set to framesize'.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines