• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create space between 2 captions?

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a19e6b455c9ba61b09aefd13bb73736b.png

I want to have space between those 2 blocks of text that shows the footge behind it but how can I do that?

edit:

New problem. when I change a word in the captioning it goes out of centering (see the picture)

I tried using the centering in the middle button whatever it's called and it does not work

the captions are SRT as file.041cecd6da11f06a91c6d6239c45763d.png

edit 3: this program is amazing

great.png

why do i pay ridiculous amounts for this garbage program

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would probably be easiest with 2 layers of captions. Top line one layer, second line the other layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can designate anchor position (and other properties) of caption text on a per-character basis, meaning you could highlight the first line of text, select a different anchor point, and only that selected text should move. This is opposed to when you've clicked the caption block as a whole, where any changes are applied to the entire block.

That said, whether this is reflected in your final export depends on your exported captions format and intended player. For example, I believe YouTube still doesn't support SRT w/ formatting, so if you export a .SRT without the formatting information, that position change wouldn't translate in the end product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright only possible in 2020 version great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe it's exclusive to 2020. I'm pretty sure I've been able to do character-based captions formatting selection since....well, before then. I used 2015 for a very long period of time in my career and I think even that had it. Regardless of when it came in, I don't think it was only in 2020 you could do this.

EDIT: Unless you're referring to SRT with formatting, in which case yes I think this was added in 2020. As I mentioned though, some sites like YouTube, last I checked, don't even support formatted SRT. So you would need to use something like TTML instead which is supported by YT as well as supports closed captions formatting standards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob and awh present possible solutions.

As awh says, the delivery needs will be critical. A sidecar file (i.e. .srt or other)? Or burn in?

Stan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean re 2020. I get the same results in 2019 or 2020.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 2018 normally so,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The positioning by line is working in PR 2018.

Spacing can be an issue, but I can get it to center by using the paragraph center command (in the Captions Panel) and then making the line change.

The PR captioning tool has its issues, and was not designed to do what you want. But so far it appears to be working in my tests.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines