• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i edit out footage of a persons pauses on camera when there's background noise?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I am creating a video using combined footage. Some clips feature pauses whilst the person is speaking. How can i edit these parts so that viewers will hardly notice the pause? As there is noise in the background (due to using just a phone to capture the footage and no microphones) speeding up clips doesn't seem to work. 

Does anyone know anything else i can do?

Would really appreciate your help,

Kind Regards,

Becky

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try just cutting out the pauses. If the is not much motion in the shot the Morph Cut transition might work.

Morph cut.PNG

Traditionally in situations like this a shot from the 'B' roll or a still would be used to cover the edit, that is a general shot illustrating what is being said. For the noisy audio a 'crossfade transition will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines