• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I force PPro to export using my powerful CPU instead of my GPU?

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. My system has Ryzen 7-3700X (8 cores/16 threads), 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram, NVME and SSD drives, a GTX 960 4GB and Windows 10 Pro . When exporting I can see in Windows Task Manager that GPU works at 99% but Ryzen's 16 cores/threads runing at only about 40% (!!!). What I think is that my GPU causes a "bottleneck", is that the case? So is there a way to "force" Premiere to utilize my 16 cores/threads at 100% instead of my "weak" GPU? Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

As long as you still have that GPU and you're still using GPU accelerated rendering and encoding, you cannot do anything at all about that. The GTX 960 is seriously mismatched to your CPU (performance wise). The only fix is a new GPU.

Unfortunately, any decent newer GPU will cost much more money right now than they intended to due to low stock and high demand. And this situation will not improve much, if at all, for months to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as you still have that GPU and you're still using GPU accelerated rendering and encoding, you cannot do anything at all about that. The GTX 960 is seriously mismatched to your CPU (performance wise). The only fix is a new GPU.

Unfortunately, any decent newer GPU will cost much more money right now than they intended to due to low stock and high demand. And this situation will not improve much, if at all, for months to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines