• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get Premiere Pro 2017

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer blew up and I lost my programs.  I have an 8 year five hour documentary all edited on Premier Pro 2017.  I am very cautious about moving up to 2020.  How do I find someone to talk to at Adobe who can help.  I tried going to another editor a year ago and he mistakenly put the project on the 2019 Pro and I got lots of problems with that transfer so I went back to 2017.  Can anybody help.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, do you not have a full bootable backup of your computer before it died? Not sure if you're working on a new machine or you got your old one up and running again -- but if it's the latter then having a full backup means that you can rebuild your system easily, including apps.

That said: try this link and see if you can get the 2017 installer onto your computer; it should still work with yout license:
https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

I believe that link still works; if not then we need to guide you into getting that project updated to a newer version.

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  The link did not work.  Adobe says they don't have it on their server.

So I guess I plunge into 2020.  I've been holding off since I have appealed to the main

office in America.

I can't believe they wouldn't help someone in my spot.

If they don't respond I have no choice.

Any advice to minimize the damage in moving 2017 int 2020?

Best

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct you cannot get 2017 anymore even from Prodesign.

You could try 2018.

Make back up.

Delete all media cache before import the project into a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>full bootable backup of your computer

Hardware crashes or virus infections or simple software problems happen, so you should buy AND USE software to make a full backup of your hard drive to an external USB hard drive... plus, making step-by-step backups during a new setup or major program addition makes it easy to go back a step if something doesn't work... I have had to do this once when a program install didn't work properly (a different program, not Adobe) and I had to do a restore due to my drive being SO messed up that I couldn't even uninstall the bad program
This backup and then restore is, of course, only to the same computer with a new drive (or the same drive as long as you don't mind writing over everything) since doing a restore to a new computer requires extra steps due to Windows and many programs having activation information that is keyed to your hardware (which is why Windows will force you to RE-Activate if you change very much hardware)
The product I bought and use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm
Note that I get NO benefit if you buy the program, I only use it and like what it does
Version 3 allows restoring to a larger drive and expanding the partition to fit
Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may not only restore the image over a messed up install, you may restore to a brand new drive in case of a hardware crash, and not have to re-install anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines