• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make a "glowing" effect?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems a bit ridiculous. I work with premiere all the time, and I know I've seen this a million times before, but I have no idea how to create it. I have a beauty shot of a product and I want the footage to "glow", I used to do it all the time for Deja vu stuff when I was in highschool, but that was in iMovie and it was just a drop in effect.

What does premeire have that can create a similar look? I've tried a few plugins but I have yet to find anything that works. First time I've needed this look in about 4 years

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Hi,

Check out the VR Glow Effect.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 6.38.30 PM.png

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done similar with Titles, where I use Gaussian Blur, and some extreme Color Correction to create an "outer glow," behind the Text.

It would be easy to do similar, and either Key around your product, or use a Track Matte Key to limit that "glow" to be where you want it.

The Effect is somewhat similar to the Outer Glow in Titler, but with much more control, and the one difference is that with a non-Text image, you need to remove background from that footage, around where you want the glow to show.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - depending on your product, you might be able to just use one of the Garbage Mattes, to do the work of eliminating some of the background. That would save having to work with Alpha Channels, but if the product moves, then Keying would be the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the whole scene to "glow" like this shot from an old proejct of mine. It's actually sharp but I grabbed this off of a youtube video.

Capture.PNG

See how it kind of "glows" all over? like a soft edge blur with white? I just don't know how to recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured out what I'm looking for... A diffusion filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For myself, I'd use Magic Bullet Looks to do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2011 Sep 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also try Light Emboss or Lighting effects. Either one gives you a lot of different controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got you. I was thinking about adding a glow around a product, and not to the whole scene.

Thank you for the clarification.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey if someone still read this, the best method is to use secondary in lumetri color, mask all whites and colors you want to "glow" and then blur the mask and set sharpen to very low 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta log in Adobe just to reply thank you legend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Check out the VR Glow Effect.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 6.38.30 PM.png

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines