How can i move the Track Matte Key layer independently from a Matte Layer??? Is it possible?

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it is shown here in the video https://helpx.adobe.com/cz/premiere-pro/how-to/add-track-matte-key.html

Is there possible option  to be able to move layer with the Track Matte Key assign to and let the Matte Layer be still on its place and not to move with it? As I can make "Alpha Matte" in After Effects and move with the layer which is masked out by the Alpha Matte layer? Am I clear?

I figured it out in Premiere Pro by nesting the sequence but is there a way to do it just like i can do it in AE?

Ofcourse88
TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can i move the Track Matte Key layer independently from a Matte Layer??? Is it possible?

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it is shown here in the video https://helpx.adobe.com/cz/premiere-pro/how-to/add-track-matte-key.html

Is there possible option  to be able to move layer with the Track Matte Key assign to and let the Matte Layer be still on its place and not to move with it? As I can make "Alpha Matte" in After Effects and move with the layer which is masked out by the Alpha Matte layer? Am I clear?

I figured it out in Premiere Pro by nesting the sequence but is there a way to do it just like i can do it in AE?

Ofcourse88
TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, when you talk about not moving the layer but moving the layer, I'm completely befuddled.

Not that that's unusual of course ...  😉

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2021 0
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant just that i cannot move (position keyframe or offset the position) the layer where the Track Matte Key is applied to and keep the Matte layer be on its place... Because it moves with the Track Matte Key layer... 😞

Ofcourse88

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please have a look at this video right at 3:08 sec there is the problem i am talking about, when she is moving with the video the matte layer moves with it and i do not want it.

Ofcourse88

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how it works. If you want it moving independently nesting is the way to go or

use the Ess Graphic which does not need nesting.

mask with custom shape.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0