• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I preview my final output waveform?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanna ask how could I preview the output waveform after adding bunch of effects, like the way you can preview the waveform of an audio source in the panel.

Thank you very much!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Clip>Render and Replace. The new waveform will appear in the timeline, and if you double-click the clip in the timeline, it will load into the Source Monitor with the modified waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Hi John,

Select only the audio portion of the clip before doing the render and replace thing. It will proceed a lot faster and ignore the video portion.

If the audio and video are linked, then hold down the Alt (Opt) key when you click to select.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clip>Render and Replace. The new waveform will appear in the timeline, and if you double-click the clip in the timeline, it will load into the Source Monitor with the modified waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just asking about this yesterday!😲 (I think it's the same thing you are asking about.) I tested what Jeff Bellune Said and it works! BUT it takes a LONG time I'm not interested in rending any of the video effects and the transcoding takes a LONG TIME. Is there a way to do this with just the audio? The Clip>Generate audio waveform, does not work for this function and neither does the Sequence>render audio (I would think this is exactly what I would want but it does not provide the desired effect.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Select only the audio portion of the clip before doing the render and replace thing. It will proceed a lot faster and ignore the video portion.

If the audio and video are linked, then hold down the Alt (Opt) key when you click to select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, it, (the alt option when linked) seems to work sometimes and not others (but I can unlink, it seems to be a bug around making changes, you must deselect and then reselect the chosen audio before it will let you render it, immediately following changes to audio effects)... but ill take it! I just submitted a ticket about this on user voice the other day to make this happen, didn't know it was possible. I still think it should happen automatically or at least when the sequence>render audio is used, but thanks a lot! I usually don't get a lot of help on a given topic here so this is great! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops spoke too soon, realized that it disappears all my changes so I don't know what I have already done, nor can I tweak it further. 😕 Not as helpful as I thought. thanks tho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines