• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I purchase and install Adobe for my remote students?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach high school and our edit software of choice is Adobe Premiere.  We are all remote this year, and I just got a large class of freshmen, some of whom have their own Macs or PC's at home.

Instead of driving all around Boston to deliver one of our school computers to the students who already have computers, I would rather buy a one-time 5-month Adobe Premiere Pro period.   But many of my students do not have credit cards or parents who can use credit cards.   How can I easily set this up for my students so that:

--I cover the cost of 5 months of Adobe Premiere

--we can figure out which version is best for their computer (2018, 2019, 2020?)

--and download it.

Again, we are entirely remote.

Thank you for any suggestions.  It has been impossible to get someone who understands my situation when I call the 1-800 customer support number.

--Linda

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--I cover the cost of 5 months of Adobe Premiere

I would first look into Creative Cloud for schools, universities, institutions | Adobe and click the "Request consultation" button to get help if you are eligible. Hopefully that license works as the Creative Cloud for Teams (CCT) does. With CCT you are the administrator and can add or remove students by just adding their mail adress into the Admin console. 100% remote. Now no-one of your students need to pay using any card.

AFAIK no 5 month plans are available, only 12 month plans. It´s unclear to me if the more expensive month subscription is available. I can´t find any info about it on Adobes homepage.

--we can figure out which version is best for their computer (2018, 2019, 2020?)

Today 2019 and 2020 are the only versions available. There is no remote tool to test which version are the best so that will be difficult to solve. Keep in mind that what can be important is that everyone is using the same version. For example, if student A make a project in version 2020, student B that use version 2019 will be unable to open the project student A created in version 2020. Keep in mind that when version 2021 is released version 2019 will not longer be possible to download.

--and download it.

All downloads/installs are made via the Creative Cloud app: How to download the Creative Cloud desktop app (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Davinci Resolve has a free version.  Try it out to see if it is too complicated for your students. They can download it at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines