Highlighted

How can I replace a single audio track in an already edited/cut sequence?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video that has desktop audio on track 1, and narration audio from microphone on track 2. This has always worked for me. But I recently got a subscription to TimeBolt which automatically deletes portions of silence within the video, and then exports to XML for further edits in Premiere. This saves me a ton of time manually removing those bits of silence in my narration.

I've imported the XML file into Premiere and the cuts are great. But the source file was changed from 2 tracks to 4 (two desktop audio, two narration), and the cut sequence only uses 2 tracks and it's just the top two of the same desktop audio. My narration is gone.

New source file now has 4 tracks:

PremierePro4Tracks01.JPG

Imported XML sequence is cut great but only using A1 and A2 from source file, and not A3 or A4 (no narration, only background music):

PremierePro4Tracks02.JPG

So I'd like to replace one of those audio tracks with either 1) track 2 of my original original file (the one not imported via XML, because that one still looks fine with only two audio tracks, not four), or 2) track 3 or 4 from the track imported via the XML import.

Basically, I don't know why it imported like this, and I sent a contact form to TimeBolt to see what happened, but I'm hoping there's a way to fix this through something in Premiere.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I replace a single audio track in an already edited/cut sequence?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video that has desktop audio on track 1, and narration audio from microphone on track 2. This has always worked for me. But I recently got a subscription to TimeBolt which automatically deletes portions of silence within the video, and then exports to XML for further edits in Premiere. This saves me a ton of time manually removing those bits of silence in my narration.

I've imported the XML file into Premiere and the cuts are great. But the source file was changed from 2 tracks to 4 (two desktop audio, two narration), and the cut sequence only uses 2 tracks and it's just the top two of the same desktop audio. My narration is gone.

New source file now has 4 tracks:

PremierePro4Tracks01.JPG

Imported XML sequence is cut great but only using A1 and A2 from source file, and not A3 or A4 (no narration, only background music):

PremierePro4Tracks02.JPG

So I'd like to replace one of those audio tracks with either 1) track 2 of my original original file (the one not imported via XML, because that one still looks fine with only two audio tracks, not four), or 2) track 3 or 4 from the track imported via the XML import.

Basically, I don't know why it imported like this, and I sent a contact form to TimeBolt to see what happened, but I'm hoping there's a way to fix this through something in Premiere.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't comment on what Timebolt has or hasn't done but try right clicking on the clip in the project panel (the clip associated with the new cut sequence) and choose modify/audio channels. You can't update the number of audio clips already on the sequence but you can change where the channels come from. Ensure you have the checkbox at the bottom of the dialogue checked. Have an experiment and see if you can get the channels you need.

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 14.28.24.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0